Our recipe posts here at The Kitchen Island are not always our own creations. We comb through cookbooks; scan the magazines while waiting in the checkout line; and spend endless hours surfing the worldwide web. Most of the time, we pull several recipes for one dish. We take a little inspiration from each recipe and create a masterpiece! Very rarely do we use someone else’s exact recipe…but when we do, we definitely dish out the props..no pun intended😜 So, our chefs hats go off to one of our favorite blogs…runningtothekitchen.com! This recipe was perfect…no alterations needed.
Roasted Baby Eggplants Stuffed with Goat Cheese
Roasted baby eggplants stuffed with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. A perfect party appetizer or a side dish for two.
8 baby eggplants
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
2 ounces goat cheese
3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
honey, for drizzling
balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
parsley, to make it gorgeous!
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray.
2. Wash eggplants and carefully slice about 3/4 through each one lengthwise, careful not to go all the way through.
3. Place eggplants on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt & pepper, like so.
4. Roast for 20 minutes at 425 then turn to broil for an additional 3-5 minutes just until skins start to wrinkle.
5. Remove eggplants from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, combine goat cheese & sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and mash together.
7. Stuff each eggplant with a small amount of the goat cheese mixture.
8. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
9. Finish with a drizzle of honey, balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley.